20 January 2012

Amuse Me

Muse, Society St., Charleston, S.C.
Isn't it pretty? The flowers are still blooming and it looked so pretty and European I couldn't help grabbing a shot as I walked by. It is the upper porch of Muse restaurant on Society St.

Who schedules a meeting at 3 p.m. on a Friday? Sigh. Made me miss my regular Friday matinee although I reckon that is what I get paid for, and I am grateful for that.

I also missed Stephen Colbert at the College of Charleston. Lots of photos being added to this article in the Post & Courier. Go Stephen!

I am getting together with a gang of women friends who worked at the hospital. All but three of the group has retired so I'll listen to them going on about their fun day trips, frequent vacations and midweek lunches while I keep plugging along. Just kidding ;)  I love 'em dearly. I made dessert. See ya ladies!

7 comments:

Lowandslow said...

It should be a rule that all Friday afternoon meetings should be held in conjunction with a Happy Hour someplace. It could be billed as a "multitasking exercise". :)

S

Charlestonjoan said...

Good idea! I'll ask that it be made official policy :)

Kate said...

I'd like to sit on that balcony with you and muse about retirement (which really, really rocks!) and complain in the next breath about the inconsideration of Friday afternoon meetings!

Charlestonjoan said...

Kate - let's do it!

Marcheline said...

Gorgeous! If you go up on the balcony, does that make it HIGH Society? 8-)

Tanya Breese said...

i miss bouganvilla...we had it in san diego, never see it out here!

Charlestonjoan said...

Marcheline - Hahah! If Kate comes for a drink we will be high society. You should join us.

Tanya - Thank you. I was trying to think of the name of the flower.