11 December 2011

Church Photo in Lieu of Attendance - St. Johns Episcopal

Anson St., Charleston, S.C.
Charleston looks so festive in her holiday wear it is time to add to the Church Photo in Lieu of Attendance series. I just googled back to discover I posted almost exactly the same shot of this St. John's Reformed  Episcopal Chapel at this time of year in 2008.

I just walked to the Meeting St. Piggly Wiggly store to get ingredients for Curried Zucchini soup. Yum. It is breezy, chilly enough to be a perfect soup day. 

This afternoon is the day that they block traffic from King St. and it looks like they have all kinds of festive things going on. Check out the Second Sunday on King blog for the schedule of events.See you there!

3 comments:

Kate said...

Perhaps the church should change their Christmas decor from year to year altho the one they use is very picturesque. Any kind of curried soup sounds good to me. I am a soup-making machine during the winter months: this past week I've made and we devoured mushroom-barley soup and chicken-vegetable soup. If you want a chicken-salsa-bean soup which is a killer and EASY, I'll send you the recipe. It's my family's all-time favorite!!

Lowandslow said...

I'm not a big fan of soup EXCEPT when the weather is as you described....breezy, cold, rainy. Then it's great to just stay inside and cocoon, and eat some soul-warming soup. Mmmmm.

S

Charlestonjoan said...

Kate - if you have a good soup recipe send it my way! I am in a soupy mood. My email is on the right sidebar.