11 December 2011

Second Sunday on King St.

Second Sunday on King St., Charleston, S.C.
On the second Sunday of every month, they close King St. to traffic so we can walk freely down the middle of the street. I still have to keep reminding myself to get off the sidewalk and enjoy the freedom. You can keep up with future planned events here: Second Sunday on King.  Since I was walking with two gentlemen who were starving, we walked through all the festivities and enjoyed lunch at Bull St. Gourmet.

There was a nice crowd out today. Many thanks to the folks who coordinate this event and to all the entertainers and artists.



6 comments:

Jack said...

I am glad that cities are finding more and more pedestrian opportunities, even if just on specified days.

Charlestonjoan said...

Jack - I wondered if it would be possible to leave it blocked permanently. Might work.

Kate said...

An absolutely great event, judging from your wonderful photos. I'd like to be there doing one of those Sundays!!

Catalyst said...

I'm curious what the name behind the band in that first photo is. It reminds me of a pizza restaurant and bistro in Jerome, Arizona: Belgian Jennie's, supposedly named after a bordello owner of years past.

Anonymous said...

I think I know the guys in the first picture!

Charlestonjoan said...

Kate - maybe you will!

Bruce - It is going to be a Gelato place. Those are the letters that are blocked. We have Gelato and frozen yogurt stores popping up everywhere.

Anon - cool!