27 December 2009

Our Lady of Folly


Folly Beach, S.C.

I can fill up my "Quirky, SC" album in one morning's walk on Folly Beach :). I love that place.

After feeling like Sunday for four days it finally is and I want more. I try to do one home improvement project on a long weekend but since I've paid $$$ for so much work to be done lately I was easy on myself. I bought a can of white enamel and painted my back door. It's a bit streaky so I'll need to do another coat this morning - as soon as I get my lazy butt off the couch, leap into action and go for my walk.

I treated myself to season 4 of Weeds. I turned the tree lights on, lit the gas log fireplace, brought in the paper and watched two episodes with my tea and toast this morning. Such luxury.

The sun has broken through the clouds and it looks like a glorious lowcountry day. What are you all up to on your last day off?

6 comments:

Mike said...

Every day is a day off for me! And today is my birthday! All I want is for Kentucky to beat Clemson tonight.

Unseen Rajasthan said...

Oh Whats it !! This is certainly looking nice.

Charlestonjoan said...

Mike - Happy Birthday! Hope your team wins.

Rajasthan - It is just a bit of fun. Decorated rocks.

Les said...

I am enjoying my time off at my parents home and had a marvelous walk this a.m. in the fog next to Metompkin Bay. I got there as the sun was rising, the water alive with ducks and snow geese flying over head. Later the sun shone and it got into the 50's. The first warmish day without rain in nearly a week and a half. Folly Beach is indeed quirky. Happy New Year to you!

Anonymous said...

For me, I have off another whole week! Frankly, I don't know what I am going to do with myself. Yea, I know, poor me! haha Pam D.

Charlestonjoan said...

Les - That sounds perfectly lovely. I didn't get out as early as you did. Happy New Year!

Pam - Color me jealous! See you on New Years!