27 December 2009

Church Photo in Lieu of Attendance - Folly Beach


Our Lady of Good Counsel, Folly Beach, S.C.

Nonsense joke unrelated to the beautiful church:

Joining the Lord's Army
Jack was in front of me coming out of church one day, and the preacher was standing at the door as he always is to shake hands. The preacher grabbed Jack by the hand and pulled him aside.

The Pastor said to him, 'You need to join the Army of the Lord!'

Jack replied, 'I'm already in the Army of the Lord, Pastor.'

Pastor questioned, 'How come I don't see you except at Christmas and Easter?'

He whispered back, 'I'm in the secret service.'

3 comments:

Halcyon said...

Nice church! I like the palm trees. They make it look so exotic.

Marcheline said...

Hey Joan, I count on you for all the non-offensive religious humor in my life, which I dutifully pass along to my mom. Her disapproval of my non-religious ways is slightly ameliorated (I think) when I can make her laugh with a faith-based joke which does not offend.

You rock!

Charlestonjoan said...

Halcyon - I agree. That's why I liked that view. It looks perfect for a beach church.

Marcheline - it isn't always easy! I try to behave since everyone at the Catholic Hospital I work at now know I blog.