26 August 2009

I Heart This River


Magnolia Plantation, Charleston, S.C.

Can you read it? It says "I heart this river". Sweet.

I am so incredibly weary. Long days all this week trying to tie up loose ends before I leave town. That's what happens with many so balls bouncing at once. It takes too many plans to keep them all bouncing when I step out of the picture. I hit the couch and nodded off after my two pieces of left over pizza and hadn't even started packing yet.

I am heading to Phoenix, Arizona in the morning for the national conference for Association for Healthcare Volunteer Resource Professionals. I actually present to the big kids this year so think positive thoughts for me at 2:30 on Friday.

Checking the temperature charts for Phoenix just now I found this:

Phoenix, Arizona
Excessive heat warning in effect from 10 am to 8 PM MST Thursday...
Excessive heat warning in effect from 10 am to 8 PM MST Friday...

Thursday
Sunny and hot. Highs 106 to 111. Northeast wind around 5 mph in the morning...becoming southwest 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon.

Blah. Just what I want when I leave Charleston. More heat warnings.

So, what's good in Phoenix, kids? Anything I should check out?