23 May 2009

Summer Fun


Botany Bay, SC

I don't know who the kids are but they were having the time of their lives.

I grew up in hills and mountains and clearly remember how amazing my first real beach vacation was. My kids were toddlers, the perfect age. I was living in West Virginia and spent a week in Duck, NC. It was magical. I still can't resist watching a child discover the ocean.

I started my day in high energy but crashed and burned early. I went to a fundraising pancake breakfast at Applebee's, painted the ceiling in my rental apartment, spackled to prep for more painting tomorrow (blah), had my porches power washed (thanks Charlie!), found a new tenant on Craigslist, signed the lease, and enjoyed a picnic at Botany Bay. Then sadly I hit the couch and am reviving now that it is too late to do anything. I hope everyone is having a good holiday weekend.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

They sure do look like they are having a blast. Hope you have a great Memorial Day.

Fio said...

What a fantastic scene. Full of joy!

Marcheline said...

Not to be a "glass half empty" person, but I'm terrified one of them is going to get knocked backwards on one of those boards sticking up out of the sand..... eeeeek! As someone who grew up at the beach, I know from whence I speak.

Charlestonjoan said...

wildstorm - They do, don't they!

Fio - They were having a blast.

Marcheline - Sounds like someone who bumped her noggin a couple of times! Mom and Dad were right there. They were the only kids in the water.

Halcyon said...

Kids are always ready to jump in the water - no matter what the temperature! Ahh... to be young a carefree again. :)