07 July 2013

Eutawville Village Festival

Eutawville Village Festival, Eutawville, S.C.
How cute is this!? Eutawville is a small town on the banks of Lake Marion and since I was up in that neck of the woods kayaking this weekend I made a point of being in town for the parade. I was checking out the porch sale at the Parish House when I heard ladies saying they had to get out because they didn't want to get caught in the parade traffic. Heheh.

I could guess that there is a higher percentage of golf carts per household in Eutawville than almost anywhere else. They should be able to break a record in decorated golf cart parades. The horses were a nice touch but there should be a lot more of them as well. Eutawville had their Village Festival on the weekend after July 4th so everything was decorated in a patriotic theme.



8 comments:

Marcheline said...

Okay, I'll bite. How the bloody HELL do you say the name of that town? Like a southerner would say "Utah-ville" (YOU-taw-veeyull)???

Jack said...

This parade looks like loads of fun. When I was growing up, my town had the Horribles Parade on the Fourth of July. It was terrific. I really need to go back some time.

Pixel Peeper said...

Cars, pickups, fire engine, golf carts, horses...the only thing missing from a good old-fashioned South Carolina parade was the tractor!

Charlestonjoan said...

You got it! Well done! Tiny little town by a man made lake. I believe it is named after the Indian tribe and Eutaw Springs was the historic site of an important revolutionary battle in 1781.

Charlestonjoan said...

Horribles Parade? What a great name! The population of Eutawville is 344. That is why I was snickering at the ladies worried about the traffic being tied up.

Charlestonjoan said...

Oh, they need to have way more golf carts and horses. No excuse not to. I may to chip in on a prize next time. You are correct, there wasn't a tractor. We'll need to correct that as well.

Kate said...

Everybody loves a parade! And that's an original thought! Second try; did you know that you can avoid spam with comment moderation, too? Less hassle that word verification, which everyone seems to dislike.

Janet said...

What a great parade! I especially like the lady in the back of the pickup truck. She's wearing white and a crown.