25 June 2013

Travel Tuesday - Lima, Peru

Lima, Peru
On Travel Tuesdays we take a trip off the Charleston peninsula and dip into past travel albums.

Lima, Peru. We landed here, me without luggage for a day before heading to hike into Machu Picchu. My brother Bob happened to visit me once when I said that was a trip I would be interested in doing if I had someone to do it with. Sucker! Both Bob and my sister-in-law Elaine climbed the Andes mountains into Machu Picchu with me. It was a tough climb but wow, how glorious.

These picture are from our first walk around Lima on arrival. We had our fanciest dinner of the trip at the end of the dock in the photo below and wandered through the market place. The picture I took of them smooching was featured on the "stand by your statue" blog.




8 comments:

Kate said...

"Stand by your man!" in the truest sense of the word! Love the woman in native dress. Reminds me of Guatemala with all the lovely weaves and colors.

PS. Is Travel Tueday another Meme or your very own meme?

Charlestonjoan said...

I started it myself so I could use some of my travel shots. Only using Charleston photos can feel restrictive at times.

Marcheline said...

Absolutely gorgeous. All of it - love the statue mimicry!

Chattahoochee Valley Daily said...

I would love to hike to Machu Picchu, but I think I missed my [age] window. Great shots.

Pixel Peeper said...

Pictures of Peru always seem so colorful - and yours of the market woman only proves this!

Love the "Stand by your Statue" pose...now I have to check out that blog.

Charlestonjoan said...

The Stand by Your Statue blog isn't very active now but I was a contributor. I liked making people pose next to statues :)

Charlestonjoan said...

Well, they do have a train in. After getting up before dawn to be the first ones at the Sun Gate, when the mist lifted I was disappointed to see there were already people at the site. Seems like the hikers earned the right to be first but that isn't the case.

Charlestonjoan said...

It is colorful! So beautiful really with the dramatic mountains.