02 April 2013

Spring Break Charleston Style

Blue Bicycle Books, King St., Charleston, S.C.
Blue Bicycle Books window display stays current with the passing of time but it doesn't keep sleeping kitty awake.

Uhoh. Luckily tomorrow is National Walking Day because I was a slacker this evening. I did do a quick mile loop around the hospital during my break this afternoon but couldn't make myself get back out this evening until it was much too late and dark.

“Walkers are 'practitioners of the city,' for the city is made to be walked. A city is a language, a repository of possibilities, and walking is the act of speaking that language, of selecting from those possibilities. Just as language limits what can be said, architecture limits where one can walk, but the walker invents other ways to go.”
Rebecca Solnit, Wanderlust: A History of Walking

7 comments:

Donna Gill Colestock said...

Hahaha! That kitty does not like that display that is totally blocking the window! What a gorgeous day it was. No idea how much I walked but I am giving it a very humble minimum of two miles.

brattcat said...

i love that the kitty is napping on the "e". do you suppose she bought that vowel?

Pixel Peeper said...

♫♪♫♪How much is that kitty in the window?♪♫♪♫

Charlestonjoan said...

He found his spot - knocked one book right over.

Charlestonjoan said...

I like that too!

Charlestonjoan said...

Oh noooooo.....don't plant that tune in my head! Earworm.

Kate said...

Great bookstore in Charleston!