15 May 2012

Neighborhood Dining - West Ashley

Taco Spot, Charleston, S.C.
I worried about leaving all my neighborhood gourmet grocery stores when I moved West Ashley but I am not exactly starving to death. I've been checking out all the local places to eat. Last week I went to Al Di La (not impressed this time although I have loved it in the past) with my son and Sunday night I walked around the corner to Taco Spot for a tasty black bean quesadilla. It is a tiny spot!

Hot Sauce at Taco Spot, Charleston, S.C.

This evening I met my friend Susan and we ate at a picnic table outside at the Glass Onion. Check out this feast! I have half of it in a doggie bag for tomorrow.  I just discovered that the Glass Onion has a blog and includes some recipes. Enjoy: The Glass Onion Blog.

Glass Onion,Charleston, S.C.
Where shall I go next?

8 comments:

Catalyst said...

When I went to Europe 27 years ago I was amazed that every country had a large share of pizza restaurants. Now, it's Mexican restaurants everywhere in the United States.

Charlestonjoan said...

Yes, they are and we have some good ones that are not chain restaurants and have good fresh ingredients. There area also two Indian restaurants within walking distance. I think I will do alright :)

Caroline in the City said...

Used to work there in college! Loved it!

Laura said...

Red Orchid is a great west ash spot! I'm also a huge East Bay Deli fan and the west ashley location is in a cool building! I've also always wanted to try the Blue Rose cafe, just haven't gotten around to it yet

Charlestonjoan said...

Laura - I almost forgot about Red Orchid! I haven't been there for a long time. Thanks for the reminder!

Charlestonjoan said...

At the Glass Onion? Love it indeed!

Julia said...

The Glass Onion is delicious! The kids love the jukebox too :-).

Charlestonjoan said...

The Glass Onion is great. I found a yummy wild salmon sandwich at Jason's deli that made me very happy as well. I am eating my way west :)