15 April 2012

Fox Sightings on the Charleston peninsula

Silver Fox, Magnolia Cemetery, Charleston, S.C.
Sightings of foxes on the Charleston peninsula, you say?! This fella didn't even startle when I spotted him watching over the Cooper River bridges from his perch on top of a tomb at Magnolia Cemetery. Apparently a couple of foxes have been seen downtown Charleston.

I hope everyone has had a good weekend. I've been cleaning out my garage. Blah. It seems like every tenant through the years has left at least one thing - a chair, a ratty old desk, car cleaning supplies.....sigh. I heard someone stop to rummage through what I had put out on the sidewalk and invited him back to see what else I had. He wanted almost everything. Yipee! Old tiles, extra roofing shingles. All gone. 


12 comments:

re said...

I LOVE going to Magnolia - it is truly fascinating. I go to St. Lawrence sometimes too...thank goodness someone else is doing this - makes me feel less like a weirdo! Haha!

Lowandslow said...

Does this mean a move is imminent? *fingers crossed* Have I missed something?

It's amazing what people will take if it's free. I took what was left over after a garage sale I had and put it on the curb with a sign that said, "FREE...HAUL IT AWAY". Within 10 minutes it was all gone. Good riddance!

S

Pixel Peeper said...

Love the picture of the fox and the bridge in the background!

Good luck on cleaning out your garage. That has got to be the worst part of moving.

Charlestonjoan said...

Rebeccah - I love the place. I'd never noticed this fox before since he is in one of the back additions - Greenhill I think. I have albums full from Magnolia and St. Lawrence and Bethany. Lovely places.

Charlestonjoan said...

Yep, yep! Looks like it. If all goes well I should close on May 8th. I haven't done a major post explaining it all yet. You are my role model :) I am throwing things out left and right. Feels good.

Charlestonjoan said...

I had done most of the big garage stuff years ago but things seem to accumulate. Mine has a dirt floor so it's been a dirty dusty business. Yuck.

Kate said...

I really like the way yo photographed the Ravenel Bridge in the distance. Pretty foxy way to feature it! Good luck with downsizing. i bet a thrift shop like Goodwill would consider it a bonaza to get some of your "stuff."

LeeAnne said...

I've seen foxes downtown at night (at work). And an armadillo and the usual possums, rats, and squirrels. It's a Wild Kingdom down there that no one knows about!

Valladolid Daily Photo said...

Good shot. Why is that statue on the tombstone?

Charlestonjoan said...

Kate - I've given everything but a kidney to the kidney foundation :)

Charlestonjoan said...

I remember your FB note when you saw the fox!

Charlestonjoan said...

I don't know. A dog I could understand but a fox is odd. It was labeled "Silver Fox". A puzzle.