25 March 2012

Middleton Place in full glory

Middleton Place, Charleston, S.C.
Time has been slipping by and I knew this might be the last weekend to get the blossoms in full glory. My annual pass to Magnolia Plantations had expired so I decided to go to Middleton Place this time. It is a little further out and has a more formal garden to wander in as well as a restaurant and Inn. The weatherman threatened storms today and I stayed just a few steps ahead of the dramatic skies.

My camera packing friends have been haunting the gardens making me jealous lately with their beautiful pictures on Facebook. I almost expected someone I knew to pop out from behind an azalea bush. A couple  did call out to me and I was able to meet a couple of online friends - artist Kathy Bates and her husband Bill (below). She is a very talented water color artist and I was tickled that they recognized me.

Middleton Place is beautiful at any time of the year but especially now. Go!


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

GREAT photos! Love the dramatic sky! Middleton IS a beautiful place, and you're right, NOW is the time to go (while it's still cool)!

Charlestonjoan said...

It is amazing. What a show!

DWright1 said...

Joan, these pictures are just beautiful. I've been to Magnolia, but I see I'd better get myself to Middleton.

DWright
Charlotte

brattcat said...

how i wish we had. these are gorgeous.

Les said...

I have fond memories of touring Middleton with my parents and grandmother on one their trips south to check on their son. We hit peak sping color.

Charlestonjoan said...

I usually keep an annual pass to Magnolia because you can do so many different things there. This was a treat!

Charlestonjoan said...

brattcat - these gardens are good at any time of the year but gorgeous in the spring.

Charlestonjoan said...

It is breathtaking isn't it?