29 January 2012

Thou Shalt Not Park Here

No Parking Sign, Hassell St., Charleston, S.C.
I don't think they want you to park at the Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim Synagog on Hassell St. Not only that but they really don't want you taking pictures of the area either.

The gate was open to the parking alley as I walked by and the sign made me grin and reach for my camera. In an instant a police officer and temple member were on either side of me asking what I was taking pictures of. When I explained that their parking sign was fun they looked relieved and waved me on. It is a good addition to my No Parking series.

8 comments:

Donna Gill Colestock said...

LOL. What did they *think* you were taking photos of? I wasn't aware we are hiding State Secrets on Hassell Street... ;-)

Rick said...

Wonder if that was state sanctioned?

Charlestonjoan said...

I think temples usually have police serving as security when they are open. They are always on alert for any kind of trouble or vandalism. I put on my very innocent look.

chuckography said...

You should have flashed the "press pass" I gave you.

DWright1 said...

Joan, we've got Dogwoods blossoming up here. Crazy.
BTW where did the "No Parking" shot go?

DWright1
Charlotte

Charlestonjoan said...

It was just down their alley to their parking area I think. They usually have the gate locked.

Charlestonjoan said...

Ha! Not sure if that would have made them feel better!

Isabella Pospisil said...

That 'thou shalt not park here' sign is very appropriate for that religious structure. Whoever came up with that signage is very creative. I love it!