29 January 2012

Spring Blossoms in January?

Duncan St., Charleston, S.C.
Look at these blossoms! In January? This is very odd. A cold snap could do some serious damage at this point. These are on Duncan St. The old sign on that little building says "R & M Sweet Shop" although it is too faded to read easily. 
 

I spent this afternoon at the Our Lady of Mercy Community Outreach Auction and luncheon at the Charleston Marriott. Our Lady of Mercy has an Outreach Mission on Johns Island offering free dental and ob/gyn visits, English as a second language and GED classes. It is a pretty impressive operation and a good thing to support. I am glad some people had more money than I do to bid on the grand but expensive auction items. I think they did very well!

I hope everyone has had a good weekend and that everyone who went to the Lowcountry Oyster Festival didn't spend all day in traffic.