17 December 2011

Walking Wagener Terrace

Ashley River, Charleston, S.C.
How sweetly framed this scene is. I meant to walk the new Shem Creek boardwalk this morning but the Ravenel Bridge was closed when I headed that way so I zipped around and walked the Hampton Park neighborhood. There are so many sweet little cottages in that area.

I happened by Havens Blanton's yard sale and was offered a mimosa. I know that alcohol is required to loosen the bidding on silent auctions but yard sales and mimosas? Brilliant! :) Check out Haven's site for recipes and design ideas.

The Godfather lives here!
Candycane Camellias
We do have seasons!

6 comments:

Pamela said...

I've noticed that in recent years that the leaves are changing colors more and more here in Charleston, which is great. It's one of the main things I missed about living up North. If only I could figure out a way to keep them from falling onto my yard!

Charlestonjoan said...

Pamela - I've noticed that too. I wonder if it is true or if we are growing different trees? So much seems related to how much it rains and when. Hope you are doing well!

Catalyst said...

Love that camellia!

brattcat said...

now that's an idea i hope catches on.

Suzie said...

Having a mimosa at a garage sale is a prerequisite of any successful garage sale. How do you have fun if you don't have mimosas? Or if it is cold, a Mexican Coffee? Happy Sunday!

Charlestonjoan said...

Susie - I am glad I've learned this before I host a yard sale :)

Brattcat - why not, eh!

Bruce Taylor, Thanks!