03 July 2011

Happy July 4th!


George St., Charleston, S.C.

Four days off in a row. What a gift this has been. I walk in the mornings while my brother finishes off the painting the house and then we hang out in the afternoons catching up on years of news.

Last night I invited a friend recently back from Iraq to dinner with his bride from Thailand. Between them, Andre' my favorite Frenchman and my brother Jim from India I had the world well represented. I made a big pot of chicken and sausage gumbo and rice and sat back and listened to hours of international adventure stories. It was wonderful.

Happy July 4th kids! Eat, drink and appreciate your freedom. I bet I can find some flag pictures for the occasion.

3 comments:

Kate said...

A real beauty who is well taken care of...

Judy said...

Someone took some time and care on this horse's hairdo! Love this picture!

Lisa Renée said...

Sounds like an INCREDIBLE evening. Nothing is more interesting than listening to people talk about their travels!