15 April 2011

Pro Aris Et Focis


Coming St., Charleston, S.C.

This is one of my favorite sidewalk inscriptions and one I consider an old pavement friend as I walk by. It is Latin for "Our Hearth, our Homes".

Definition of: pro aris et focis: pro aris et focis: For our altars and hearths; for our homes.

Meanwhile, checking my stats I find that someone googled "Perry Family in Charleston" and came across this old entry of mine about the Perry Family Crest that I found in the pavement on Meeting St. Heheh.

It's been a busy week, kids. Recognition luncheon for 100 volunteers at the Marriott today and another one for 125 tomorrow. I am hoping the rain holds off mid day!

2 comments:

Namrata said...

If the street-art on the link of your post, were to be displayed with the centuries old version of the original Perry Family Crest,I suppose that the former would get more attention,esp.,from youngsters.But I must add, that I'm doubly impressed by the motto of the original one, which practically means that the upright are confident.

Anonymous said...

I love this, Joan.