07 April 2011

Evening Light


Dock St. Theater, Church St., Charleston, S.C.

This has been a rush, rush, rush week but the one advantage of ending my days with meetings in town is that I get home in time to walk while the light turns Charleston into a sparkling jewel box. These were taken on a Queen St./Church St. route but you can't go wrong lately, everything is so beautiful.

Bloggers get even better looking! A Picture a Day is off on a European adventure and left her sister in charge as guest blogger. Her sister happens to be Valarie, Miss South Carolina US. I met Valarie a few months ago when she graciously visited the friendly little hospital across the river, on Valentine's Day as an honorary volunteer and posed for a million photos with all of our staff and patients.



Queen St., Charleston, S.C.

7 comments:

brattcat said...

great shots, joan.

Lowandslow said...

I never tire of seeing your elegant Charleston architecture. Thanks for sharing. More, please. :)

S

Charlestonjoan said...

brattcatt - Thank you! Couldn't miss, it was such lovely light.

lowandslow - thank you for your kind comments. They make it fun. Seems like most commenter have moved to Facebook now.

LeeAnne said...

I think the one with the red door and flower boxes is my favorite ever! Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

color, color, color. I think it might be god herself;)

Abby said...

Thanks for highlighting my blog! Isn't Val great?!

Charlestonjoan said...

LeeAnne - I do love Queen St. So many pretty spots.

Charlotte - Nice :)

Abby - Your whole family sounds pretty cool! Enjoy your travels!