15 January 2011

Who am I?



Magnolia Plantation, Charleston, S.C.

I'm not sure exactly what this is but it was a lot of fun to come up with this morning on Facebook.

Years ago a gentleman I knew paid the fee and became a "Friend of the Hunley". He gave me the ball cap. I'd forget what it said until someone would say, "Oh! You are a Friend of the Hunley," and I would feel I had to explain by saying, "I'm just a friend of a Friend of the Hunley." Later on, I'd find myself saying things like "I'm just a hippie by marriage." Heh.

I started with that silliness and we ended up with something like this:

Who am I?

I’m a friend of a Friend of the Hunley
The god-mother of a Daughter of the American Revolution.
I’m a sister of the Son of a Preacher man
The single mother of the Father of the Bride

I’m Mother Teresa’s Step-Mother
Father Claus’ aunt.
I’m the sister of a Son of a Bitch
Related to a Friend of the Family.

I’m acquainted with the Friends of Bill
The peaceful sister of a Son of a Gun
I'm the daughter of the Mother of Pearl
The son of a Son of a Sailor

I’m the daughter of a Child of God.
The wicked step-sister of the Sisters of Charity
I'm the cousin of a Daughter of the Dust
The youngest sister of Big Brother

I’m the mild mannered brother of a Vixen in Heat.
The lover of a demon lover
I'm the enemy of enemies of the state
The brother of a daughter of the South

I am a friend of a Friend of the Library
The hugging Aunt of Kissing Cousins
Your sister from another Mister.
I'm the mother of Father Jones


Thanks to everyone who added to it. I keep thinking of more!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cute!!!! I am still trying to intellectully untangle all of these.

BeachGypsy said...

Howdy Joan! you having a good weekend??

john prince said...

Beautiful photo, Joan..

Charlestonjoan said...

maggsworld - you will start thinking of your own!

BeachGypsy - I am! Hope you are as well. Three day weekend here. Yipee!

john prince - Thank you. I love Magnolia Plantation at any time of the year.