15 January 2011

Sweet Saturdays


Charleston Harbor, Charleston, S.C.

My sweet, sweet weekend. There was so much going this weekend it's a struggle to maintain a certain level of weekendy laziness. I made my way back from my walk this morning through participants in the marathon. Not sure how that worked since they ended at the Navy Base in North Charleston but there they were.

I had a perfect evening on Thursday at Five Loaves Cafe with fellow blog friends, Tales from the Microbial Lab - the scientist/gardener/photographer and Charleston Through an Artist's Eyes - the artist/historian. I've made such cool and talented friends through this blogging business.

It's Charleston Restaurant Week, kids and so many restaurants are participating. Many of our best restaurants have three courses for either $20 or $30. Check this directory to find out if your favorites are included and if the hustle and bustle I saw when I walked last night is any indication, you'd best call for reservations. I'm going to Charleston Grill tomorrow night and Cypress on Wednesday. Yum, yum!

This evening's project: I ordered an evening gown from eBay. I took a chance since it was half the price it was on the Nordstrom's site but if it didn't fit I would be stuck with it. It isn't bad at all, but I will need to hack about three inches off the bottom and I can't even find a pair of sharp scissors in the house. Grrrrr. I'm wondering if anyone would really notice if I didn't bother hemming it at all.

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.

3 comments:

Jack said...

Nicely framed view of the ship and bridge.

Marcheline said...

Just sew a loop halfway down the skirt at the seam and put it over your arm - lift your arm when going up and down stairs or doing the chacha, and your hem raises with it! (Also useful if there are any cute guys at the party... heh!)

Anonymous said...

Queen Joan.