20 June 2010

Sunset on Folly


Sunset on Folly, S.C.

I mentioned some time ago how flattered I was that artist Gina Brown was using some of my photos as inspiration for her paintings. I loved the idea and was tickled to get a chance to meet her in person during the recent Spoleto Festival. Gina told me that she had left something for me at the Shelby Lee Gallery on Church St. and I walked down there last weekend to see what it was.

Isn't it beautiful? She left the folly beach sunset picture for me, framed and ready to hang. I can't believe my luck. It looks perfect in my living room. Thank you, Gina!

6 comments:

Susan Moorhead said...

Wow, - her work is stunning!

Charlestonjoan said...

They looked even better in person.

Gina Brown said...

Joan, it was my pleasure to meet "Charleston's Joan Perry." Thank you so much for sharing your gift with so many folks. I love visiting your blog and reading about your beautiful city. I must tell your readers that those beautiful paintings that we're standing in front of are Rick Reinert's, one of my good friends. His work is awesome and can be seen in person at the Wells Gallery on Meeting Street.

Charlestonjoan said...

Gina - Doesn't it look like it was meant to be in my house?!

Gina Brown said...

It truly does, Joan. I love the color on your wall :) I'm so glad you like it.

The Cassina Group said...

Fantastic!