15 January 2010

Tree Huggers


Tree Hugger, Cypress Methodist Campground, Ridgeville, S.C.

These are two of my favorite trees. To my eyes they look like one has it's arm wrapped around the other. I spotted them at the Cypress Methodist Campground in Ridgeville, SC. Little wooden tent cabins are built in a circle with the worship hall in the center. Outside the circle of cabins is a wider circle of outhouses.

The campground is on the National Register Properties for South Carolina and they have been holding annual week long worship camps since 1794. It is a lovely peaceful spot but I suspect I am the only one who cares about the hugging trees.


2 comments:

Marcheline said...

Joan -

Completely off topic: Did you ever go see "Avatar"? And.....what did you think???

Unseen Rajasthan said...

Beautiful Shot !!This is so fantastic !!