12 January 2010

One, one thousand, two one thousand, three.....


Charleston, S.C.

Yawn.

Tonight was one of my SCRUBS "U" career evening sessions for teenagers and this evening a great team of nurses at Roper Hospital hosted my energetic gang of forty students and presented Nursing as a career.

It is such a great program but my success is going to be the end of me. Every evaluation said, "We want more, we want longer sessions, we want them more often."

Meanwhile, I want sleep, I want more of it, I want it now. :))

G'night kids. Don't stay up too late. Someone turn the lights out. But leave the tap dripping, it's still cold out there.

4 comments:

Linda said...

Bless you for encouraging young people. Nursing is a wonderful career.

Waldo Lydecker's Journal said...

They are lucky to have you!

Anonymous said...

Had the pleasure of being a guest yesterday at St. Francis and what great care and kind staff. Raising up the next generation of healthcare professionals--keep it up. You Rock!!!!!!! Connie

Charlestonjoan said...

Connie - Sorry to hear you needed to be a guest but I am happy to know we took good care of you. Always feel like you can call me if you need anything while you are there. Just ask for the Volunteer Director and say you are a VIP ;).