23 November 2009

Rockin' Charleston Car & Truck Show




Adams Run, S.C.

Clearly I am not online at home yet. Aaaargh! Picture me pulling out clumps of hair. The latest word from Comcast is that it sounds like an "outside" problem. Naturally I need to dedicate tomorrow afternoon to be home waiting for a technician. Forgive me for not getting around to comment an all your blogs. I brought my lap top to work so I could do some personal business during lunch time.

My friend Mary and her husband sponsored the 2nd Annual Rockin' Charleston Car & Truck Show on Saturday. They have a nice piece of property in Adams Run with a fishing pond. Wow. I was completely amazed at what they pulled off - over 140 registered cars, a band, kids fishing, BBQ, boiled peanuts. It was a grand success. Since she arranges for profits to be donated to the American Heart Association I went out to take some pictures for her and had such a good time.

Anyone can offer an award for a vehicle category so keep it in mind for next year. Offer to make up a plaque and you too can sponsor an award. I may make up the Charleston Daily Photo Most Photogenic Car Award for the next event.

Back to work, kids. Y'all behave while I am in exile.

9 comments:

Susan Moorhead said...

Rockin' cars - love the yellow phone.

Rob Siemann said...

wow, great cars!

Frank said...

Well, Joan, if while waiting for you to regain your high-tech magic means I HAVE to look at old cars, I'm there. Not a bad consolation. But we all know how you feel without a connection from the world direct to your computer. It IS withdrawal but a refreshing Charleston cocktail will ease the temporary pain.

BTW - Love the little tire store.

Charlestonjoan said...

Susan - I thought you'd like that!

Rob & Mandy - Thank you.

Frank - You would have loved it. It was a colorful slice of Americana in the countryside.

Doug said...

These are gorgeous. Woof and w00t.

D said...

Oh, be still my heart! These cars are beautiful!
Sorry you're in exile. Don't you love that the techs can narrow their arrival time to sometime between 8 and 5. Seriously? Because all we have to do all day is wait around on them! Drat, we're at their mercy.

boom trucks said...

Those are really good trucks.. though they look like an old but i still they look brilliant.. great post.. keep posting about great trucks... keep it up.

Charlestonjoan said...

boom trucks - glad you liked them! They were some colorful wheel candy.

D - Frustrating! They gave me a 2 - 5 slot and he did come around three. The actual tech was very helpful.

Daisy Deadhead said...

These are fabulous!