24 October 2009

Walk this Way - Magnolia Plantation


Magnolia Plantation, Charleston, S.C.
How can you explain that you need to know that the trees are still there, and the hills and the sky? Anyone knows they are. How can you say it is time your pulse responded to another rhythm, the rhythm of the day and the season instead of the hour and the minute? No, you cannot explain. So you walk. Author unknown, from New York Times editorial, "The Walk," 25 October 1967

As often as I promote Magnolia Plantation I should be granted a lifetime pass, don't you think? It is indeed one of my favorite stomping grounds.

Enjoy your weekend, kids!

4 comments:

Unseen Rajasthan said...

Fantastic shot !!! So much green !!Unseen Rajasthan

Marcheline said...

I love the quote you posted almost as much as this picture.

And because of you, this park is one of MY favorite places, even if I only get to walk it vicariously through your blog...

Thanks Joan!

Catalyst said...

In addition to all else, it appears there is a blue heron in your photo.

D said...

Add this to the list of places I want to see in person. I LOVE that Spanish moss and those spooky tree buttresses. Thanks for sharing this with us!