28 October 2009

Unofficial Neighborhood Doggie Park


Rutledge & Calhoun St., Charleston, S.C.

I just waddling back happily full from a reception at the Governor Thomas Bennett House (just one glass of wine, thank you) and snapped this picture of our neighborhood dog park.

Speaking of pets....here is a crazy story from Book of Joe:

Norwegian tries to smuggle 14 pythons

A man has been arrested in Norway trying to smuggle two dozen snakes and geckos into the country by taping them to his body.

Customs agents said the Norwegian citizen, 22, was arrested in Kristiansand after getting off a ferry from Denmark. He had 14 royal pythons and ten albino leopard geckos hidden under his clothes.

The non-venomous snakes were stowed in stockings duct-taped to the man's abdomen, and the geckos were in boxes taped to his thighs.

Yikes! You have to look at the pictures. Really.

6 comments:

Marcheline said...

The poor wee t'ings.

Anonymous said...

Speaking of doggy parks, would it be possible to get the word out that the Charleston Animal Society, formally know as the ASPCA, could use some help in obtaining much needed dog and cat food? Any questions, please contact me at jessywillbow@comcast.net

Charlestonjoan said...

Jessy - I know we did a drive for them at work not too long ago.

Kelley K said...

Hey--I just stumbled upon this photo the other day, and that looks JUST like my dog. Do you know this dog or when it was taken by chance? I'm just curious, I thought it was so crazy! I take my Golden to Cannon Park everyday so I don't think it would be unusual that he would be photoed there.

Charlestonjoan said...

Kelley - It probably is your dog! I was just walking by that afternoon. Too fun. Send me your email (charlestonjoan@gmail.com) and I will send you the higher resolution shot. I may have a couple others as well if I can find them.

Kelley K said...

Thanks so much! My email is wellxheyxmorning@aim.com

I would love some pictures :D