24 August 2009

Things You Don't Want to Hear in Surgery


Waterfront Park, Charleston, S.C.

This long hot summer is beginning to make me grouchy. There isn't really anything you can do outside without dripping sweat, showering, changing clothes yet again. Besides, I've been at work for twelve hours, I'm starving and none of you have dinner ready.

Time for a funny. As you know, I am obligated to pass on all medical humor.

Things you don't want to hear in Surgery:

Better save that. We'll need it for the autopsy.

Someone call the janitor - we're going to need a mop.

Accept this sacrifice, O Great Lord of Darkness.

Wait a minute. If this is his spleen, then what's that?

Hand me that...uh...that uh.....thingie.

Oh no! I just lost my Rolex.

Oops!

Ya know, there's big money in kidneys. Hell, the guy's got two of them.

What do you mean you want a divorce?

Everybody stand back! I lost my contact lens!

Could you stop that thing from beating; it's throwing my concentration off.

That's cool! Now can you make his leg twitch?!

Well folks, this will be an experiment for all of us.

OK, now take a picture from this angle. This is truly a freak of nature!

Don't worry. I think it is sharp enough.

8 comments:

Lowell said...

I love the photo, and the joke(s). Humor helps keep us sane, I think.

jusdealem said...

Wow! That looks fun!

Charlestonjoan said...

Jacob - Sane or happily insane :)

jusdealem - It is. My kids wore their bathing suits under their clothes the whole summer when they first built that fountain.

Halcyon said...

Funny!

That fountain is beautiful. Looks like that kid is having a good time too. Why don't you just hop in the next time you're feeling a little overheated. We won't tell. ;)

Frank said...

Like so many others, I've undergone my share of surgeries and the ONLY thing I wanted to hear in the operating room was, "Now, count back from 100...." And then nothing until, "Well, it went well..."

These jokes are absolutely priceless. Soooo funny!! I bet surgeons can tell them all.

Shadow said...

How about..."Uh...is this piece necessary?"

Chattahoochee Valley Daily said...

LOL

Sunny said...

But these jokes are most likey true! LOL. Help! I have surgical clips left inside (for real!) Now I cannot have MRI's. Don't want 'em anyway, haha.

Love that picture , Joan... it looks so refreshing!