14 May 2009

Massacre at the Y


Middleton Plantation, Charleston, SC

I was looking for a picture to go with this entry and came across this shot of myself at the Garden Festival at Middleton from a few years ago. It was a bad hair day.

I had a good laugh at these Euphemisms for Menstruation on Miss Celliana's blog. It's proper for me to re-post them because I was a nurse and I am supposed to talk happily about these bodily functions. There are some I've never heard of in this batch!

Euphemisms for Menstruation

10. Miss Scarlett’s Come Home to Tara

9. A Dishonorable Discharge from the Uterine Navy

8. Saddling Old Rusty

7. Massacre at the Y

6. T-Minus 9 Months and Holding

5. Game Day for the Crimson Tide

4. Panty Shields Up, Captain!

3. Taking Carrie to the Prom

2. Ordering l’Omelette Rouge

1. Rebooting the Ovarian Operating System

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

From a guys perspecive and having seen STAR TREK last night, #4 hits the spot (so to speak). Love your blog. Where is N.E. India did you live? My son-in-law received his BA from the University of Calcutta (MBA from Ohio State). Spent every summer for 20 plus years of my youth in Charleston. Spotty attendance for the last 40. What a wonderful place. Miss it.

Charlestonjoan said...

I still need to see the Star Trek movie. May need to track down my son for that one.

I lived in the most beautiful part of India, in the Khasi hills in the far north east - Shillong, Meghalaya (home of the clouds). My brother lives there still and leads eco adventure tours. We always went through Calcutta before heading north. That was an adventure in it's own right!

You are correct. Charleston is a wonderful place. I haven't run out of things to take pictures of yet. Thanks for stopping by.

Chuck Boyd said...

Looking over this posting, I would have avoided saying anything was "spotty."

Halcyon said...

Funny. I haven't heard of any of those either. I like to say the red ferrari's parked in the garage.

Shadow said...

I'm actually speechless right now! Your post and all the names for a "Visiting Aunt" gave me the giggles, thanks for that!

Joan said...

Haha! I knew I hung out with the kind of people who would appreciate this. Y'all are great!

Marcheline said...

I've always said, "The redcoats are riding again."

Usually followed by the comment, "All over my abdomen."

Charlestonjoan said...

Marcheline - That is so awful it should be on the top ten list!