13 March 2009

Happy Feet


Rutledge & Beaufain St., Charleston, SC

One day a picture like this will be dated by all the wires, poles and newspaper boxes. Already it is hard to find a telephone booth or mailbox. Things are disappearing quickly.

I was at the SC Hospital Association in Columbia today for a meeting of Volunteer Directors. It's nice to be with the only other people in the world who really know what we do. The gentleman who is our uniform vendor was there and I won a pair of Dansko shoes in a drawing. Lucky for me someone dropped my name in the bucket when I wasn't paying attention. Can't beat that!

It's the weekend, kids. Go forth and make merry.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

JP....is that the Old Baker Hospital that you mentioned that was turned into a condo?I'm just checking this profile thing

Anonymous said...

Hey! Welcome back!

This is the one on the other corner of the lake. It is apartments as well. I'll do the old Baker Hospital next....later today.

Sunny said...

Hi Joan! I should get over here more often! I love your pictures.....always so interesting, with a little story to go with. :)

Okay, I guess I'd better get some snaps of the mailboxes around my city...because there's not a phone booth to be found!

Charlestonjoan said...

Judy - Not many phone booths left anymore.