12 March 2009

I love the friends I have gathered .....


Pitt St., Charleston, SC

Some call it heavenly in its brilliance.
Others, mean and rueful of the Western dream.
I love the friends I have gathered together on this thin raft.
We have constructed pyramids in honor of our escaping.
This is the land where the Pharaoh died.

Jim Morrison, The Wasp


Another one of my favorite pieces of sidewalk graffiti is gone. I walked Pitt St. last weekend, realized I hadn't seen it for awhile and retraced my steps. These inscriptions have become the landmarks of my walks and I could feel something was missing.

It's amazing that I have been able to keep up a blog. I'm not allowed to talk about all the wacky stuff that happens at work since it is a hospital. I've been given strict rules not to blab about my kids. They are wisely very protective of their internet privacy. I'm single so I don't really talk about myself ;). My cat died. The dog moved moved to Oregon. It's lucky this town has an endless supply of purty pictures to share. And it does. It does.

10 comments:

Commander Zaius said...

Yeah, I have to be real circumspect in the hospital stories I tell. HIPAA is a real, but important none the less, pain.
Did recently see something that doesn't involve HIPAA but its soap opera-like and I've told a few too many of those stories for now.

Anonymous said...

Beach Bum - It's a shame isn't it? The craziest stuff happens every single day and we can't talk about it.

Janet said...

I think your pictures speak well for themselves! you do an excellent job with photography and finding interesting subjects.

Julia said...

I can't talk about my work either, but it is often insane and would make such wonderful post fodder. Good thing we live in cities to keep us in content! And I'm so sorry I missed you on our trip, the hordes of relatives wanting to see us (new baby syndrome) kept us on our toes the entire time we were in town and we even missed some of them.

B SQUARED said...

He had the potential to be like Dylan. Tragic like so many others of that era. Self-inflicted.

Anonymous said...

Oregon is so beautiful, but the weather can really bring you down. Maybe the dog will want to move back to sunny Charleston.

b_in_sc

Anonymous said...

To bad the kids the kids cracked down on you. It was nice to be able to keep up with them through your blog. Maybe you could still talk about work just don't tell us where it is all happening.
Bob

Charlestonjoan said...

Rambling Round - Thank you! I am still delighted to find a new catch to share.

Anon - Yep. Sigh. They are pretty strict. I have to limit the cute kid stuff. Just take my word for it. I have cute kids. :))

b_in_sc - My daughter came back to visit but she didn't bring the dingo.

B Squared - Yes. Sad.

Julia - I guessed as much. It is so much easier to plan to do things on vacation than it is to pull it off. I hope you had a great visit. I bet your family was in heaven getting to see those adorable kids.

Steve said...

Indeed Joan, I have a great GREAT story about my first ambulance call in EMT school, involving a triple GSW that I'm requires by law to not talk about, despite the fact it happened 3 years ago.

Marcheline said...

Sorry about your kitty...