12 February 2009

Heart to Heart


Charleston, SC

For all it matters, tomorrow is Valentine's Day for me. I announced a cupcake decorating contest and sale. (Neat trick, eh? People bake and decorate cupcakes and then I sell them for a fundraiser). I have buckets of carnations in my office ready to deliver to patients, baskets of valentine fortune cookies for the employees and a couple of honorary volunteers scheduled for the day. Whew.

It's become tradition that the hospital is one of the first public appearances of the new Miss Charleston each year. She is a big hit, but this year I am expecting a second guest. Yep. Yep. Yep. Someone tracked down the pirate in my picture from the Maritime Festival and suggested he might like to join us. I've had to keep snatching back the picture to keep people from drooling on it. Not one woman looking at this picture even noticed I was in it.

The pirate is scheduled to come looking for me at 11 a.m.

I am writing myself a reminder to keep reading out loud. "Joan, you work at a gracious and traditional Catholic Hospital." I am either going to get fired or earn an award for improving employee morale. Wish me luck.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Send the pirate on up here!!! Happy Valentines to you.
love Shirley

Waldo Lydecker's Journal said...

Lawsy, that's some pirate!

Marcheline said...

Dude, you seriously need to look into getting yourself a push-up corset and garter belt, like NOW. No sense being unprepared for the Pirate Invasion!

Charlestonjoan said...

You three are exactly the right people to comment on my pirate :)))). I love that.