20 January 2018

The old Cavallaro

Savannah Highway, Charleston, SC    
The old Cavallaro restaurant on Savannah Highway has a fond spot in the hearts of Charlestonians as the classy spot for steak dinners and dancing to live music. It was the special event place for dates, anniversaries and celebrations.

It didn't get torn down but became a car dealership among many others on the West Ashley auto-mile. Wouldn't it be fun if the cars could be moved out and dinner served just one more time?

This morning's walk took my up Savannah Highway to Accuphoto to pick up my camera which I'd left overnight for their cleaning and calibration event. I imagined my workhorse camera at a sleepover overnight spa with all the other cameras. Nice to have her back. It wasn't the most scenic walking route along the highway but I did get to grab these shots with my cell phone.



No comments: