18 September 2016

Around the lake

Colonial Lake, Charleston, SC 
We've enjoyed dramatic blue skies and billowy clouds today. I often park on lower Rutledge when I march about town and carrying a camera makes me try to see the same sights in a fresh way. The red brick building was the former Baker Sanitarium and is now fashionable condos. 

Clothes washed, walking done, a few chores taken care of. I may have time to squeeze in a nap.

Remember that as Charleston Restaurant ends, Avondale Restaurant week begins. These are the restaurants that will be participating from September 19 - 25. Where shall we go? What shall we eat?
  • Al Di La
  • Avondale Wine & Cheese Bar
  • Mellow Mushroom
  • Mex 1 Coastal Cantina
  • Pearlz Little Oyster Bar
  • Triangle Char & Bar

4 comments:

Catalyst said...

I haven't been to a real restaurant in many, many months. Dang.

William Kendall said...

Interesting conversion of the old building.

Charlestonjoan said...

What? Why not? I do enjoy eating out but the upscale restaurants are getting crazy expensive.

Charlestonjoan said...

It's a lovely building with many memories for a lot of people.