19 December 2015

New Vegan Cafe - Gnome Cafe

Gnome Cafe, Charleston, SC 
I finally made it to Charleston's new vegan cafe - Gnome Cafe. I had my eye on the restaurant because my friend Saramel is one of owner/managers and I pass it every time I drive into town on Cannon St. It is painted black with a white gnome logo design but inside everything is fresh and white and green.

I made a quick connection with my facebook friend Jo who owns the Bead store just down the street and we found Saramel on duty bright and early in the cafe and it was filling up quickly. I am not vegan but found plenty of items I'd be happy to try. I ordered the breakfast burrito with tofu scramble, guacamole, potatoes and mango salsa. It was tasty and delicious and we shared a cinnamon roll.

I hope everyone is having a good weekend. I just made pralines (to give as gifts, naturally) and left a generous amount in the pot to scrape and lick so I am off to put myself into a sugar coma. Yum!


1 comment:

William Kendall said...

Saramel looks quite cheerful!