10 November 2015

Mercantile & Mash

Mercantile & Mash, Charleston, SC  
I love it when crumbling old buildings are suddenly vibrant and bustling with activity. Mercantile & Mash is open on the property of the old Cigar Factory on East Bay St. and has baked goods, restaurant menu, butcher shop and meals to go.

I was in the neighborhood to see photographer Jack Alterman's show, walked in to snoop around, called my friend Jo and we met for a spontaneous brunch meet up. The room upstairs looks perfect for events.
MERCANTILE AND MASH IS A GOURMET FOOD EMPORIUM, LOCATED IN THE RECENTLY RENOVATED CIGAR FACTOR ON EAST BAY STREET.OFFERING A UNIQUE SELECTION OF HOMEMADE ITEMS AND LOCAL PRODUCTS, MERCANTILE AND MASH FEATURES CHARCUTERIE, CHEESE, WINE, BAKED GOODS, LOCALLY ROASTED COFFEE, GRAB-AND-GO ITEMS, GIFTS AND COOKWARE, AND OTHER GOURMET FOOD ESSENTIALS. PRIDING THEMSELVES ON HOSPITALITY AND SERVICE, MERCANTILE AND MASH OFFERS THE HIGHEST QUALITY OF INGREDIENTS AND PRODUCTS AVAILABLE ON THE PENINSULA.

3 comments:

Catalyst said...

Yum.

Suzie Townsend said...

There are so many new business since I left Charleston two and a half years ago that when I returned last month I hardly recognized it! My daughter works for the Chamber of Commerce and she is always telling me about new businesses. I love seeing Charleston grow - but yet I don't. It is rather a catch 22 isn't it? It is getting crowded but is still wonderful!

William Kendall said...

It sounds and looks like good food!