12 September 2015

Thelma & Louise Charleston Style!

Thelma & Louise, Charleston Style!
I've been taking enough weekend road trips with my friend Rosie that folks have laughingly called us Thelma & Louise. I can't help it. She loves to drive and I aim to be the perfect sidekick. We haven't decided who is who, there have been no Brad Pitt sightings and luckily there are no cliffs in the lowcountry but the tag name stuck in my head. Thelma & Louise, Thelma & Louise....what could we do with that?

I happen to have just the right gang of talented friends to pull together a morning of silliness and this is what we came up with! Thanks to my friend, co-worker and photographer Leah Sparks - who usually concentrates on photographing birds in swamps, convertible owner and set designer Laura and fashion consultant Lisa, we almost killed ourselves laughing.

After I wound my wild hair back on top of my head and Leah wiped the raindrops off her lens we headed to the Fish House at Patriot's Point for lunch with perhaps the best view in town.

Thanks ladies! I am still grinning!

To see what Leah usually takes pictures of and prints to consider for purchase check out her website at: L.S. Photography


13 comments:

chuckography said...

Loved it! Thanks all.

chuckography said...

Loved it! Thanks all.

Donna Gill Colestock said...

Awesome!

Charlestonjoan said...

It's good to know talented photographers when you have a prank lined up!

Charlestonjoan said...

We had a blast!

Marcheline said...

First of all, I love you more than chocolate biscuits. You are SO badass! Secondly, you should ALWAYS wear your hair wild like that, and with that hat and those sunglasses and bright red lipstick. I always knew you were a wild child at heart.

William Kendall said...

Very fitting, Joan!

Pixel Peeper said...

What a great idea, and there is no one better than you to make a go of this. "Thelma and Louise" is a perfect theme for this - and you and your friends pulled this off perfectly! All of the photos here and on Facebook just made me smile.

Charlestonjoan said...

More than Chocolate Biscuits! That is alot! Heheh....

Charlestonjoan said...

Thanks Pixel, we did have a fun morning!

Charlestonjoan said...

I hardly knew myself in the photos and facebook certainly didn't pass the facial recognition!

Paul said...

That's great, Joan! You two look ready for the road!!! BTW, are you doing the WWPW in Charleston? I'm coming down and I'd love to finally meet you after all of these years. :)

Catalyst said...

That's an absolutely sensational post and I love that movie. BTW, I told SWMBO as we watched it the first time, that guy (Brad Pitt) is going to be a star!