16 May 2015

Old Hobbies

Stamp collection, Charleston, SC 
I was cramming a few books into a bookshelf today and came across one of my old stamp albums. Does anyone collect stamps anymore?

My grandfather liked the fact that I was interested and sent me some of his old collection of British, Canadian and South African stamps. I have some of the silk and 3D stamps from Bhutan, Bangladesh when it was still East Pakistan and some cool tiny triangle stamps. I don't think my collection is worth much in dollars but it is a fond childhood memory.

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

There was a store here that specialized in stamp collection. Some months ago they went exclusively online instead of having a physical store.

Jack said...

One of the rites of passage for folks of a certain age. You were in good company. Franklin Roosevelt was an avid stamp collector. I collected coins.