19 May 2015

Church Photo in Lieu of Attendance - Old Navy Chapel

Location of the Navy Chapel, Charleston, SC
Waaaa.....see those brick steps? That is all that is left of the old Navy Chapel. It was on my list of renovation projects to be completed when I won the lottery. Too late. It is gone. See below for what used to be there. It was in worse shape each time I visited. I've heard that it was dismantled to be reassembled somewhere else but I don't know where yet and am hoping for the best. Hang on kids, I'll buy another lottery ticket and take care of it.


3 comments:

Kate said...

How gracious of you to share part of your lottery winnings to preserve part of Charleston's history!

William Kendall said...

Rather sad that more steps weren't taken to preserve it. Hopefully the rumor is true.

Catalyst said...

Rats! Unless it was truly moved to preserve it.