14 February 2015

Southeastern Wildlife Exposition

Holly Herrick - Cooking Demonstration, Marion Square, Charleston
I only had a few minutes this morning to walk through the Southeastern Wildlife Exhibition tents at Marion Square while I was waiting for a shop on King St. to get something ready for me to pick up. In the short time I was there I spotted a couple of friends in action! I walking in on the end of food writer and cookbook author Holly Herrick and just in time to try a tasty sample. I've taken advantage of Holly's recipes before. Yum.

In the same tent I bumped into Jim Thomas and Jeanie Baxley selling Jimbo's Lowcountry Seasonings. I didn't mind taste testing a few of their samples as well. Everyone seemed to be having a grand time. I wish I could have stayed longer.



2 comments:

William Kendall said...

Curious to have cooking demos at a wildlife exposition!

Charlestonjoan said...

It is a HUGE festival. Wildlife, birds of prey, photography, painting, sculpture, bird carving, vendors. I think it attracts 20 - 30,000 people.