17 July 2014

Thursday evening hodge podge

East Bay St., Charleston, S.C.
I am back from a birthday dinner for an good friend and former co-worker. It was good to find her just as full of grace and mischief as I remembered. 

Last summer may have been the summer of the hydrangea but this, this is the year of the crepe myrtle. They are glorious and the city is a garden. 

Al Jazeera America did a nice profile on our own Mayor Joe Riley. Click here to see how Charleston is  making history with our long serving mayor: America's Favorite Mayor.

Lisa Shimko's art is so colorful and fun! Check her web site and see what you think.

I slipped out at lunch today to attend the Charleston Regional Business Journal's Influential Women in Business awards luncheon. I had nominated one of my dedicated volunteers and she was selected for recognition. Made me very happy and proud!