05 June 2014

Teach a man to fish:

Lockwood Blvd., Charleston, S.C.
Not a bad place to live, eh?

I was trying to think of an interesting post to go along with the theme "teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a lifetime" when my happy clicking landed me on a Teach a man to fish - humorous alternatives" post. Thanks for the smile, Calum!

Teach a man to fish and he will kick your ass and steal your fishing pole.
Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime. Teach a man to create an artificial shortage of fish and he will eat steak.
Teach a man to fish, and you can sell him a ton of accessories.
Teach a man to fish and you've fed him for a lifetime ... unless, of course, he doesn't like sushi -- then you also need to teach him how to cook.
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
Give a man a fish he'll eat for a day, if you teach a man a fish he'll get drunk then fall out of his boat and drown.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; Teach him to use the Internet, and he won't bother you for weeks!
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Give a man religion and he will starve to death praying for a fish


5 comments:

Donna Gill Colestock said...

Hahaha. I have always wondered what they are catching there? How do the fish get there? I have many things I could say about the old adage. I will keep my mouth shut. I want to learn to fish, for real (not mess around.)

Kate said...

Humorous and the comment about sitting in a boat all day is perfect for Minnesota fisherman, too.

William Kendall said...

A ton of accessories would really describe my idiot ex-brother-in-law, who spends most of his free time fishing.

Marcheline said...

Hee hee!

Jack said...

You are a riot, Joan.