14 April 2014

Boo, boo, birdie!

Lake Marion, S.C.
First kayak ride of the season yesterday and I picked the perfect day for it. The water level is high on lake Marion and seemed like I was paddling through the woods. I skirt the waterfront and say hello to all the startled birds who aren't expecting someone to sneak right up on their nest. They thought they had built safely high in the branches and along I come sneaking a look in the nest to see what's cookin'. Boo! These aren't attack birds I hope. I apologized and pushed off.

I bought a rowing machine last fall and I can say this was a lot more fun than rowing across my living room.





9 comments:

William Kendall said...

I assume the trees can put up with that kind of waterlogging.

The river near here has spilled its banks, so some trees that are usually high and dry have water around their roots like that.

Angelj052@gmail.com said...

This is Great, looks like tons of fun! I have a friend that does Kayaking

tours...think I might try it. I think the birds will forgive you....or maybe not.

Rick said...

Two feet on the horizon...

Pixel Peeper said...

Not only is kayaking more fun than a rowing machine, but any resulting pictures are a lot more interesting!

Charlestonjoan said...

That is the truth. I need a cheapo little camera though. I am constantly worried it will get wet.

Charlestonjoan said...

Cypress trees....their knees come up through the water.

Charlestonjoan said...

None of them attacked me yet although I think they considered it.

Charlestonjoan said...

Please appreciate the fact that I painted my toe nails for you.

Marcheline said...

That sounds like fun! Cute toes - and love the bird (is that an osprey?).