27 January 2014

Winter Storm Warnings

Unitarian Churchyard, Charleston, S.C.
Today's photo is from a recent walk through the Unitarian and St. John's Lutheran churchyards. She is a sweet angel isn't she?

The only thing we can talk about in Charleston today is the threatening ice storm due to hot tomorrow even though today was lovely and warm. We don't see much snow or ice in the lowcountry so it's big excitement each time. Everyone is buying up batteries and wine. We get a little confused with hurricane preparations but it seems clear that wine is required. Stay warm kids!

6 comments:

William Kendall said...

A fascinating sculpture! Stay safe in that storm...

to the spammer who shall be deleted anon: drop dead.

Catalyst said...

I was thinking about you as Al Roker was talking about the ice storm forecast for Charleston and other places last night on the news. Stay warm. And keep your supply of wine close at hand!

Anonymous said...

I love old graveyards; the modern ones with their uniform flat markers do little for me. I wonder if you could even find someone who could create an angel like the one you have pictured. What talent. I guess their likes have gone the way of the master masons, cabinet makers and all the other incredibly gifted craftsmen who once turned out handmade works of art for everyday use.

Charlestonjoan said...

I still get spam comments once and awhile. Very tiresome.

We aren't equipped to handle storms. You wouldn't even blink at what we have going on here but it is big excitement for us.

Charlestonjoan said...

Got it! Wine and cookies seem to top the storm emergency supplies...heheh :)

Charlestonjoan said...

I love them as well and agree. The very worst are the modern ones with the container for plastic flowers. My kids threaten to put me in one of them if I am an unagreeable old lady ;).