01 January 2014

Happy New Year! 2014

Cooper River Bridges - old and new, Charleston, S.C.
Happy New Year kids! Thanks for hanging in there with me through 2013. Your comments and emails certainly added pleasure to my year. Now we have a whole new year to play with. Let's try to make it interesting. I enjoyed a lovely early dinner out at Rue de Jean last night with a group of friends. It was the perfect way to end the year. Now, after a lazy morning, I am heading out for my first walk in the new year.

Cheers to a new year. May it bring good things to you and your loved ones.

The photo is one of the last cars over the old Cooper River Bridges before they were demolished. They had a parade of vintage cars cross over before they put the barricades up.

4 comments:

Catalyst said...

Love that photo.

Charlestonjoan said...

Thanks Bruce! I hoped to duplicate the old picture with all of vintage cars in a parade but they were enjoying themselves so much they stopped to take pictures at the top and arrived one at a time.

Jack said...

Terrific image, Joan. Have a wonderful 2014.

William Kendall said...

A beautiful bridge, and a lovely old car!