21 September 2013

Zumba for Hearts

Queenie leads Zumba class for the Heart Association, Charleston, S.C.

My friend Sheila Vega and her zumba instructor friend Queenie hosted a Zumba class to raise money for her "Wonder Hearts" Lowcountry Heart Walk team. I drove up to a community center on Greenridge Rd. in North Charleston to join the fun and add a couple of door prizes. What a high energy gang! Queenie kept everyone moving (even if I don't always spin in the right directions) and had guest instructors step in to lead different songs. Fun morning. Thanks folks!

I got home in time to get to a beautiful wedding at Hampton Park this afternoon.

Do you remember what today is? Today the kids we delivered on the night of Hurricane Hugo turn twenty four years old and they are old enough to buy the nurses who stayed to take care of them a drink! I want my drink. Cheers and happy birthday!


1 comment:

Jack said...

The folks in Charleston sure have a lot of HEART!