14 July 2013

Magnolia Plantation - Rain Walking

Hydrangeas at Magnolia Plantation, Charleston, S.C.
Every season is beautiful at Magnolia Plantation Gardens even when you are dodging rain clouds. I usually find somewhere interesting to walk on weekend mornings and since I have an annual pass to the gardens that seemed like a logical choice today.

Alright, I know the word verification requirement in comments drives people crazy. I hate it myself. I took it off last night just to see if it was still a problem and I've already been receiving ridiculous spam comments. Hate it. Hate it. I will set the word verification back on. Meanwhile, feel free to join me on Facebook where commenting is easier.

Note: On advice received in comments I have changed the comments option to registered users. Not sure exactly what that means so if it is too terribly in convenient let me know. I think the goal is to prevent spam commentators who tend to be anonymous.


12 comments:

Jack said...

Joan, the easiest solution is to set your comments to block anonymous comments. I used to get 30 - 40 anonymous spam comments a day. Since setting it to block anonymous comments three or four months ago, I have not had a single spam comment. At most the filter now catches one legitimate comment a month, so it works very well.

Pixel Peeper said...

Love all your bloom pictures!

The word verification doesn't bother me. Since I've figured out that I can do this if I look at only one letter at a time and type that, I never get the "doesn't match" message.

Charlestonjoan said...

Thanks Jack. Let me check on that. Truthfully, I get one or two comments here anymore and 20 - 30 on Facebook for the same photo. Times change, eh.

Charlestonjoan said...

Thanks Pixel!

Charlestonjoan said...

Thanks Bruce!

Bruce Clark said...

Love hat shot withe the bumblebee

Marcheline said...

Joan, I hate Facebook so I'll never be there... but I love your blog and your photos and your posts, so don't give up blogging! Great pics!

Anonymous said...

Love the ibis, and pretty much all your shots. I don't get a comments option in Fbook, so only comment here.

Charlestonjoan said...

Thank you! I am having so much trouble with my cameras fogging up in the heat and humidity. I am surprised every time I have a shot in focus.

Charlestonjoan said...

Marcheline - here is the thing. I can post something here and get one or two comments. Post the same shot on FB and get 30 likes and comments. I guess being able to click "like" is so easy.

Charlestonjoan said...

Thanks Shelley! I appreciate it.

Les said...

One of my favorite places on the planet. And yes, word verification is a necessary evil.