21 March 2013

Charleston Fashion Week

Charleston Fashion Week, Marion Square, Charleston, S.C.
I joked a couple of years ago that the one festival I wasn't involved with at all was Charleston Fashion Week and wondered if it was because I tend to wear Dansko shoes. Heheh. This year, thanks to Charleston Magazine and the American Heart Association I was offered tickets to last night's fashion show. Lordy, I could have used up a camera card just taking pictures of women's shoes. No sensible Danskos in sight. It was an experience. As I understand it, the entire event started as the brainchild of Ayoka Lucas pictured above and has blossomed into a very successful event. 

I wasn't seated in a place to get good pictures so just grabbed a couple to document the event. I have to admit that my favorite part of the night was the kid's fashions. They were so adorable.