20 January 2013

My Kitchen Helper

Mural on canvas

I've been decorating my home with some of my old photos on canvas. Canvas is perfect when the original is a picture painted on textured wall and doesn't need expensive framing. I've become a frequent costumer of Canvas 4 Life and I've been tickled every time I unwrap an order. You upload and size your own image.

Does anyone remember this old Charleston gal? She was painted on a restaurant supply warehouse on upper Meeting St. She is long gone from Meeting St. and now lives with me. I am hoping she will come out of retirement and wash some of my dishes.

10 comments:

Marcheline said...

Looks like we have the same color kitchen walls! Love your canvas retro chick!

Kate said...

Thanks for the link; will make great gifts! I wouldn't bet on any help from the Charleston gal...she's probably exhausted!

Charlestonjoan said...

I do like her!

Charlestonjoan said...

Kate, I've been pleased with every canvas I ordered. They aren't cheap but you save on frames and they look so much nicer.

Lowandslow said...

Stupid homebuilder question: Is the outlet up high on the wall or is the picture hung down low on the wall?

S

PS....either way I like it. :)

Charlestonjoan said...

Only a home builder would ask that! It is in a kitchen above a counter where there are no cabinets.

Susan Moorhead said...

Cool idea.

Marcheline said...

I wish SOMEONE had asked questions like that when they built my house.. I have NO OUTLETS IN MY ONLY BATHROOM. What the hell were they thinking??? 8-)

Charlestonjoan said...

Marcheline - that is awkward. I like to dry my hair in the bathroom. I added one of those hotel hair dryer holders on the wall. I googled Hotel Hair Dryer to find one. :)

Charlestonjoan said...

Susan, they turn out really well!