01 September 2012

Farmer's Market morning

Fairy Eggplant, Ambrose Farms, Charleston Farmer's Market

Aren't they adorable? The sign at the Ambrose Farms booth at the Charleston Farmer's Market this morning called them Fairy Eggplants. They are a couple of inches long.

I pass a sign out on a county road that says "Mini Farms for Sale" and each time I have a mental picture of miniature goats, donkeys, ponies and dwarf fruit trees. Now we can have mini veggies on the fantasy mini farm. Mini eggplants, cherry tomatoes and mini peppers for a mini meal.

I got to meet the Banana Man at the Market at his usual Banana booth. Meet Frank Fleming from Simply Bananas and check out his 'Nana related blog.

4 comments:

Lowandslow said...

He looks like he enjoys his job. Good for him!

S

Kate said...

Intending to make ratatouille tomorrow, I ventured to the Farmers Market today to buy tomatoes, onions, red and green bell peppers, zuchini, and eggplant but none of these quite measured up to your Fairy Eggplant. They're different and never having seen them before, I'm intrigued. I wonder how many are needed for a typical dish? Did you buy some and what will you male?

Charlestonjoan said...

Even better - his day job is on the set of the Army Wives show. I think he is doing okay!

Charlestonjoan said...

I didn't get any yet. My house is still such a mess I've been cooking small easy meals. Not too much longer. Can't wait to try them. One of the vendors said to cut them in half and broil or grill them.